29th ANNUAL FORSYTHIA FESTIVAL SEEKING LOGO
The 29th annual Forsythia Festival is requesting original submissions for the 2016 festival logo. The logo art contest is open to Monroe County residents of all ages. The winning logo embodies the festival spirit and will be used on festival T-shirts, pins, and advertisements. All submissions will be on display in the Forsythia Festival Art Show. The Forsythia Festival is one of the most anticipated events of the year. It’s a time to celebrate our community and the wonderful people who make it a great place to call home. The annual logo becomes the symbol of the festival.
Submissions should be the original artwork or a digital format thereof and delivered by November 13, 2015 to the Forsyth-Monroe County Chamber of Commerce at 10 West Chambers Street, Forsyth, GA 31029. Digital entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to logo guidelines before submitting a design.
All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design. All entries, images, and artwork become exclusive property of the Forsythia Festival and the Forsyth-Monroe County Chamber of Commerce and may be displayed publicly on festival-related web sites and advertisements.
Here’s a look at logos from previous years:
- Logo will be used on a navy blue colored t-shirt. Submissions should consider the color of the shirt when creating their design.
- Flexibility is a key requirement; including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white, as well as color.
- The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high-quality printing.
- Lettering must be identifiable and easy to read when reduced to a small size.
- All design entries must include the wording: “28th Annual Forsythia Festival” and “2015.”
- Logo submission must be scalable to an 8½-x-11-inch format (portrait or landscape).
- Formats accepted are the following: JPG, TIF, PDF, and EPS. Original artwork is also accepted.
- Image must be an original image, represent the Forsythia Festival experience, and be colorful and graphically appealing.
- Image should relate to the forsythia flower, arts and crafts, the Forsyth community, and should reflect a family-oriented event.
About the Forsythia Festival
The Forsythia Festival is an annual event held the second weekend of March in downtown Forsyth. This free, family-centered event features a two day arts-and-crafts show, children’s fair, 5K and one-mile fun run, sporting tournaments, live entertainment, FaithFest, and much more. For complete festival information, please follow us at: www.forsythiafestival.com or on Facebook.